Kickstarter One Year Anniversary
It’s been a year since the Bright Girls Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded (thank you again!). Here’s what’s been happening…
1) The Bright Girls website has been redesigned. Big thanks to Rhiannon Davenport for her wonderful design.
If you know of a girlpreneur, of any age, doing something cool, please make an introduction. I’d love to tell her story. I’m especially interested in girls using business to solve a problem and/or make a positive impact.
2) I’ve had great success getting the word out about girls and women, entrepreneurialism, and money by having articles published. Here are some highlights: Inc.com, everbank.com, onmogul.com, and women2.0.
4) Events: In addition to workshops for girls I love doing talks with adults on how to empower the girlpreneur in their life and also highlight the “girls as agents of change” phenomenon. If you know of any organizations that would be interested in these topics, let me know!
5) Non Profit Work: Last year I created a curriculum for girls at the Girls Leadership Institute, a full day event for girls across the socioeconomic spectrum (all girls go for free via fully funded scholarships). The girls learned how to take STEM projects and bring them to market. This year the Bright Girls curriculum is being used again, and I will be co-chairing the event.
Other actions you can take:
– Spread the word, the book you backed, Your Own Business Can Be Great can be bought here. (Please send me any feedback you have on the book.)
– Fill out a quick one question poll to let me know what content you’d like to see next.
The power of girls as agents of change has been a theme of my work and it will continue to be. It’s not just what they can do to change their own lives, but also what they do to make the world a better place.
Thanks again for your support. Go Girlpreneurs!
Category: Book News & Updates